Bilingualism

I believe that being bilingual is very beneficial for a number of reasons. First of all, when you are looking for a job, employers love to see that you speak more than one language so therefore you can be more helpful to more customers which will lead to more sales for the company. Second, when visiting a foreign country for any reason, it will be easier to find your way around faster and more efficiently which would be a hassle for someone who doesn't speak the language. Also, you can simply communicate with more people than those who only speak one language.
I myself am fluent in two languages, English and Spanish, and I am also learning to how to speak French as well. I have never had any bad experiences due to my bilingualism but I have heard stories from people that get discriminated for speaking a foreign language. Many people believe learning two languages can interfere with the brain and learning process in a negative. For example, people say that when teaching a child to speak more than one language when growing up, the child might get confused. I think people should realize the importance and benefits that come with speaking more than one language. I am very grateful that my parents would speak to me in both english and spanish as I was growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment